Why Do We Offer Botox Here?
Botox has many medical and cosmetic applications. As an ophthalmologist specializing in neuro-ophthalmology, I use medical Botox to treat uncontrollable muscle spasms around the eye and for migraine headaches.
It turns out that the injections sites and techniques for cosmetic purposes are nearly identical. The main difference is in insurance coverage. Cosmetic Botox is not covered by insurance.
What is Cosmetic Botox used for?
Cosmetic Botox is effective for:
- Wrinkles around the eyes, or Crow’s Feet
- Wrinkles between the eyebrows
- Wrinkles on the forehead, or brow Lines
Is Botox safe?
Botox has a proven track record for safety and repetitive injections for eye wrinkles, brow wrinkles, and deep forehead lines. When used appropriately, Botox is safe. Too much Botox can lead to diminished results. Each injection session typically lasts for 3 months.
How does Botox work?
Botox works by relaxing muscle contractions, and thereby smooths out the overlying skin. Botox is delivered by injection. The needle is extremely small and the discomfort is usually minimal.
How much does Botox cost?
We charge $13 per unit for Botox. Typical session average 20-40 units.
Why choose Eye Doctors Hawaii for Botox?
We know there are a lot of choices to choose from for Botox in Hawaii. Here are some of the reasons why we think we are a great choice.
- We have ample free parking.
- We are conveniently located in Hawaii Kai
- The Botox is administered by a doctor (not a technician) which may make some patients feel more comfortable.
- Our friendly staff will be happy to answer any questions before you commit to a session.